Child Protection Training for SU NSW Volunteers
It is a requirement that those volunteering as a team member on an SU NSW activity have undertaken appropriate child protection training.
SU NSW recognises denominational child protection training, provided a certificate of competency, or similar, is provided upon the successful completion of the training.
If you need to complete your training, we approve the following courses:
- Anglican Diocese of Sydney – Safe Ministry Training – Safe Ministry Essentials and/or Refresher
- Anglican Diocese of Armidale – Safe Ministry Training – Safe Ministry Essentials and/or Refresher
- Anglican Diocese of Canberra & Goulburn – Safe Ministry Training – Safe Ministry Essentials and/or Refresher
- Australian Christian Churches – Creating Safer Communities
- Baptist Church – Creating Safe Spaces must complete both online and face to face
- National Council of Churches in Australia – Formally STCA (Safe Church Program) – Safe Church Program
- Non-denominational in partnership with ANSVAR (our insurers) – Safe Ministry Check (Level 2 for Volunteers and Level 3 Directors)
- Office of Children’s Guardian – E-Learning must complete up to Module 9
- Presbyterian Church – Breaking the Silence (BTS), Jericho Road – Foundation Training
- Salvation Army – Safe Guarding Principles Training
- Seventh Day Adventist – Adsafe Safer Churches Awareness Training
- Uniting Church for NSW & ACT – Safe Church Training