Rugby League Camp
Rugby League Camp is a great three days of skills training, activities and games within a Christian environment. We will spend time each day playing rugby league, completing skills and coaching, and hearing from God's word as we explore what Jesus has done for us.
Age appropriate activities and league games will be organised for boys in year 4 to 9
Included in the cost; 3 excellent meals a day, morning & afternoon tea, supper, dormitory style accommodation, equipment, quality coaching, fun activities and games.
– – Full-funding available for all SU Camps in NSW for anyone in need. Apply and register online! Read more at: sunsw.org.au/kids-to-camp. –
Start Date: 20 Apr 2022 9:00 AM
End Date: 22 Apr 2022 3:00 PM
Location: Farrer Memorial Agricultural High School
Tamworth, NSW 2340
Age Group: Boys, Year 4, Year 5, Year 6, Year 7, Year 8, Year 9
SHARE THIS EVENT
Best ten days of my year
“Ten days on a Scripture Union Family Mission with my family each summer are the best ten days of my year.”
Alan was born and raised in Loomberah near Tamworth, attended Farrer Memorial Agricultural School and is married with children. Alan was a professional rugby league player, captain of Canberra Raiders and has just been named ACT Australian of the Year 2017. Alan is a commited Christian and passionate to share his faith and talents, in retirement from his professional sporting career, Alan has developed a rehabilitation program for youth and adults in jail and works with Barnados.
Janelle is married to Kevin, a mother to three grown sons and a grandmother. Formerly a primary school teacher at Calrossy Anglican School, Janelle has always been passionate to see children come to a faith in Jesus Christ. Serving in her local church, Janelle has been involved in Sunday school, scripture teaching, running JAFFA camp and SUPA clubs at lunchtime.
0) Is financial assistance available?
1) COVID19 Safe Plan
- Reduced number of participants, both campers and volunteers.
- All participants will be screened upon arrival at camp, including temperature checks. Anyone who has been unwell, or in a hotspot will be excluded.
- All participants' health will be monitored throughout camp.
- Strict plans in place should cold/ flu symptons be present, as per NSW schools. Parents will be notified of these plans ahead of camp.
- Sleeping and dining arrangements are adjusted to maintain appropriate social distancing between participants.
- Each Camp will have a dedicated COVID warden overseeing cleaning and hygiene.
- No visitors will be allowed to enter camp sites.
- SUNSW will keep records for all participants to enable contact tracing in the event of a participant having a positive test within 14 days of camp.
- In the event of the camp needing to be cancelled due to COVID19 all participants will receive a full refund