Leadership Conference – Tamworth
Leadership Conference 2020 is a COVID Safe event, modified from the usual “live in” program, to being a daily program 9am-8pm. The cost this year will include a cooked lunch and dinner each day. We expect the bulk of students to come from the North West region, and will monitor the health advice over the coming weeks to determine whether we will accept students from outside this region. For students from outside the North West region who wish to attend, please express your interest by contacting [email protected]
We will arrange billeting with Tamworth families for any students who cannot travel to and from Conference each day, please request this via email to [email protected]
Come with us to explore and experience “GOD WITH US”! Come and be immersed in the stories and truths from the Book of Numbers to encourage and shape a new understanding of “GOD WITH US” in our world and culture today!
Leadership Conference is an epic, five-day conference operated by Scripture Union NSW. It’s programmed to deliver a range of leadership training skills for established as well as emerging high school student leaders in grades 9-12. It’s a time for student leaders to get creative or be challenged in how they can lead in the their local school, church or community.
Leadership Conference nourishes, encourages and equips student leaders further in their leadership training journey that not only develops their existing skills but also endeavours to activate new possibilities and ideas on how to lead in the name of Jesus!
It's a big week of fun, fellowship, and full-on training in theology, evangelism, discipleship and leadership coaching!!
Leadership Conference is Christian in identity and is inter-denominational. We welcome students from across all cultural and church backgrounds.
Start Date: 05 Oct 2020 9:00 AM
End Date: 09 Oct 2020 8:00 PM
Location: Tamworth Baptist Church
Cnr Hillvue & Duri Rds
Tamworth, NSW 2340
Age Group: Year 9, Year 10, Year 11, Year 12
SHARE THIS EVENT
Best ten days of my year
“Ten days on a Scripture Union Family Mission with my family each summer are the best ten days of my year.”
Dave Tankard | 0401 571 978
1. COVID19 Safe Plan
- Reduced number of participants, both campers and volunteers.
- All participants will be screened upon arrival at camp, including temperature checks. Anyone who has been unwell, or in a hotspot will be excluded.
- All participants' health will be monitored throughout camp.
- Strict plans in place should cold/ flu symptons be present, as per NSW schools. Parents will be notified of these plans ahead of camp.
- Sleeping and dining arrangements are adjusted to maintain appropraite social distancing between participants.
- Each Camp will have a dedicated COVID wardens overseeing cleaning and hygiene.
- No visitors will be allowed to enter camp sites.
- SUNSW will keep records for all participants to enable contract tracing in the event of a participant having a positive test within 14 days of camp.