SU Bike Camp is a week long adventure on a bike for young people in years 9 to 12 at school in New South Wales, Australia. (Are you too young for Bike Camp? Check out Junior Bike Camp for kids in years 7 & 8 at school) It's for guys and girls who like cycling, camping, and meeting others from around NSW.
If you are looking for a school holiday cycling and camping activity, Bike Camp could be the adventure for you! Bike Camp is not a cycling race, it's just a good reason to dust off your mountain bike and have time away that you'll never forget, cycling, camping in country towns and making new friends. Bike Camp has been cycling the roads of New South Wales for over 30 years, covering some of the best bike rides in the state.
If you like what you see click the orange "REGISTER" button to the right! If you have any questions, contact Pete (0438 841 523) or Jodie (0410 456 343) the camp's directors – email [email protected]
Start Date: 28 Sep 2019 10:30 AM
End Date: 04 Oct 2019 2:30 PM
Location: Castlereagh Hwy
Capertee, NSW 2846
Age Group: Year 9, Year 10, Year 11, Year 12
SHARE THIS EVENT
Best ten days of my year
“Ten days on a Scripture Union Family Mission with my family each summer are the best ten days of my year.”
Bike Camp - What not to bring?
- Your best threads - don't bring any clothes that you wouldn't want to get dirty.
- iPods, radios or electronic games.
- Anything expensive or fragile eg expensive camera, mobile phone.
Bike Camp - What to bring?
- Your bike!
- A helmet - you are required by law to wear a helmet.
- A water bottle preferably fitted to your bike - the 1-litre bottle is best.
- Sunscreen, sunglasses and a cap.
- Wet weather gear - something you can ride in.
- Pillow and warm sleeping bag - extra blankets if you wish.
- Warm clothes for the evenings and to sleep in - it will be very cold at night.
- Lots of socks and underwear.
- Clothes to ride in: Shorts and T-shirts - bright colours are good for visibility.
- A towel.
- A spare inner tube that fits your tyres.
- A back pack to use as a day pack - you won't have access to your main luggage during the day.
Bike Camp - What's nice to have?
- A torch and batteries.
- Cycling gloves.
- A puncture repair kit.
- A lilo or roll mat.
- A tent.
- A little spending money - there is always plenty of food, but you may like to bring a few dollars for the odd ice cream on the road.
- Your bible.
- A pen and a notebook.
- An instrument if you play one.
Bike Camp - What's the riding pace?
I'm thinking about coming on Bike Camp but I'm not sure if I can keep up as I don't ride my bike much. Will the pace be too fast for me?We average about 10km per hour which isn't very fast and we make sure that everyone gets all the rest they need. We also plan the ride route so that it's not too hilly. If you have average fitness you will be fine. We take breaks every 5 to 7km and sometimes we hold the faster riders back so that you won't feel like you're coming last!