Pins & Needles Camp
– – Full-funding available for all SU Camps in NSW for anyone in drought-affected, drought and intense drought areas. Apply and register online! Read more at: sunsw.org.au/kids-to-camp. – –
Each girl will complete a wearable item while at the camp as well as useful sewing hints. All of this will take place with female leaders who care about young girls learning to sew, learning about the love of God and reading his Word the Bible.
The theme is A Pattern for a Joyful life – Guest speaker Belinda Gonsalves.
The accommodation is in a hall where the girls will sleep in sleeping bags and be fed delicious food. Among other activities, there may even be a bonfire.
Start Date: 20 Aug 2021 5:30 PM
End Date: 22 Aug 2021 3:30 PM
Location: Burrabaroo Girl Guide Camp
250 Porcupine Ln
Tintinhull, NSW 2352
Age Group: Year 5, Year 6, Year 7
SHARE THIS EVENT
Best ten days of my year
“Ten days on a Scripture Union Family Mission with my family each summer are the best ten days of my year.”
mobile : 0428 421 206
email : [email protected]
Susan Bulkeley 0414 701 560
1. COVID19 Safe Plan
- Reduced number of participants, both campers and volunteers.
- All participants will be screened upon arrival at camp, including temperature checks. Anyone who has been unwell, or in a hotspot will be excluded.
- All participants' health will be monitored throughout camp.
- Strict plans in place should cold/ flu symptons be present, as per NSW schools. Parents will be notified of these plans ahead of camp.
- Sleeping and dining arrangements are adjusted to maintain appropriate social distancing between participants.
- Each Camp will have a dedicated COVID wardens overseeing cleaning and hygiene.
- No visitors will be allowed to enter camp sites.
- SUNSW will keep records for all participants to enable contract tracing in the event of a participant having a positive test within 14 days of camp.
- In the event of the camp needing to be cancelled due to COVID19 all participants will receive a full refund
Can I be in a room or tent with my friends?
Can I invite my friends?
Can you take care of my child’s special medical requirements?
Do you cater for children with special dietary requirements?
How are medical incidents dealt with on camp?
How do I get to camp?
How many leaders are on each camp?
Is financial assistance available?
Other discounts available.
To apply, just fill in a registration form for any SU Camp – on the second page, under 'Have you made, or do you wish to make, an application for financial support?,' select 'Yes' from the dropdown menu, fill in the 'Kids to Camp' application form and finish completing your registration form, and someone will be in touch with you shortly!