The fishing is great this time of year so we are hoping / praying for a great catch. We will be sleeping under supplied canvass however the campsite has flushing toilets, hot showers and amazing camp food so it will be more like glamping rather than camping.
We have 4 small fishing boats and experienced leaders who will share with you some fishing tips plus introduce you to Jesus, the great fisher of men !! You can bring your own fishing gear but if you don’t have any, don’t worry we will have plenty to share !!
There is little doubt we will be sharing yarns & testimonies around the camp fire at night and having heaps of fun getting to know each other, so don’t hesitate to invite a friend as this year numbers will be limited as we get this new camp up and running, so why not sign up and get bragging rights of being involved in the first SU Fishing camp on Lake Windamere, hope to see you there !!!!
– – Full-funding available for all SU Camps in NSW for anyone in drought-affected, drought and intense drought areas. Apply and register online! Read more at: sunsw.org.au/kids-to-camp. – –
Start Date: 08 Oct 2021 7:00 PM
End Date: 10 Oct 2021 2:00 PM
Location: Lake Windamere
Cudgegong, NSW 2850
Age Group: Year 7, Year 8, Year 9, Year 10
SHARE THIS EVENT
Best ten days of my year
“Ten days on a Scripture Union Family Mission with my family each summer are the best ten days of my year.”
Glenn Coombs, current Interim state director who has been involved with the ministry of Scripture Union NSW since 1986. Glenn is passionate about seeing young people discover God’s plan for their lives in a fun and friendly environment like SU camps. This particular camp is especially close to Glenn’s heart as he directs it with his son Michael.
1. COVID19 Safe Plan
- Reduced number of participants, both campers and volunteers.
- All participants will be screened upon arrival at camp, including temperature checks. Anyone who has been unwell, or in a hotspot will be excluded.
- All participants' health will be monitored throughout camp.
- Strict plans in place should cold/ flu symptons be present, as per NSW schools. Parents will be notified of these plans ahead of camp.
- Sleeping and dining arrangements are adjusted to maintain appropriate social distancing between participants.
- Each Camp will have a dedicated COVID wardens overseeing cleaning and hygiene.
- No visitors will be allowed to enter camp sites.
- SUNSW will keep records for all participants to enable contract tracing in the event of a participant having a positive test within 14 days of camp.
- In the event of the camp needing to be cancelled due to COVID19 all participants will receive a full refund
Can I be in a room or tent with my friends?
Can I book my child onto a Camp if they are not in one of the advertised school years for camp?
Can I invite my friends?
Can you take care of my child’s special medical requirements?
Do you cater for children with special dietary requirements?
How are medical incidents dealt with on camp?
How do I get to camp?
How many leaders are on each camp?
I don't have a tent. Is that OK?
Is financial assistance available?
Other discounts available.
To apply, just fill in a registration form for any SU Camp – on the second page, under 'Have you made, or do you wish to make, an application for financial support?,' select 'Yes' from the dropdown menu, fill in the 'Kids to Camp' application form and finish completing your registration form, and someone will be in touch with you shortly!