SU Drama Day Camp
POWER FOR GOOD
An exciting new day camp for Drama enthusiasts aged 10 to 13 years (school years 5. 6 & 7). Being held in the Port Stephens region. A day filled with fun, drama skills and hearing about Jesus. Exploring the concept of "power in relationships", how did Jesus use power not to harm, but to build up others? How do we?
Start Date: 15 May 2021 8:00 AM
End Date: 15 May 2021 4:00 PM
Location: Chris Walkling Theatre
St Phillip's Christian College
Port Stephens Campus
182 Salamandar Way
Salamandar Bay, 2317
Age Group: Year 5, Year 6, Year 7
SHARE THIS EVENT
Best ten days of my year
“Ten days on a Scripture Union Family Mission with my family each summer are the best ten days of my year.”
Camp Director Chris Gow
Chris has 29+ years experience teaching in Christian Schools as Co-ordinator, Primary Head and Principal. Chris has also served on SU beach missions and SUPA/ISCf teams. He has a passion for leading church drama groups and worship teams. He is keen to help kids explore drama within a christian context so they may come to personally know God.
1. COVID19 Safe Plan
- Reduced number of participants, both campers and volunteers.
- All participants will be screened upon arrival at camp, including temperature checks. Anyone who has been unwell, or in a hotspot will be excluded.
- All participants' health will be monitored throughout camp.
- Strict plans in place should cold/ flu symptons be present, as per NSW schools. Parents will be notified of these plans ahead of camp.
- Sleeping and dining arrangements are adjusted to maintain appropriate social distancing between participants.
- Each Camp will have a dedicated COVID wardens overseeing cleaning and hygiene.
- No visitors will be allowed to enter camp sites.
- SUNSW will keep records for all participants to enable contract tracing in the event of a participant having a positive test within 14 days of camp.
- In the event of the camp needing to be cancelled due to COVID19 all participants will receive a full refund