SpikeSesh is a fun afternoon where you can learn, play, up skill in the great game of Spikeball AKA Roundnet. We will have sets, snacks and sunscreen provided. There will be experienced Roundnet players who have played in both local and state level Competitions. So they’re legit! All the leaders are committed Christians who are keen to chat further about anything to do with faith and Jesus. So come with your questions about Spikeball but more importantly, your questions about Jesus.
Start Date: 06 Dec 2020 1:30 PM
End Date: 06 Dec 2020 3:30 PM
Location: To Be Confirmed
Age Group: Year 5, Year 6, Year 7, Year 8, Year 9, Year 10, Year 11, Year 12
SHARE THIS EVENT
Best ten days of my year
“Ten days on a Scripture Union Family Mission with my family each summer are the best ten days of my year.”
Daniel Pass - 0411622064 [email protected]
Daniel and Beth have been involved with SU Camps like Cricket Camp, Rugby League Camp and served on Beach Mission at Hawks Nest. Both Dan and Beth have a passion for sport and Jesus. They love the game of Spikeball and run competitions every couple of months to connect with their friends and the wider community.
They are both currently studying at a Bible College and plan to continue to team up to share Jesus through the avenues of sport, hospitality, teaching and community work.
They currently live in the Inner West of Sydney but are considering moving out of Sydney - most likely to rural NSW. They are involved in a multicultural church in Western Sydney and enjoy teaching and discipling kids and youth.
1. COVID19 Safe Plan
- Reduced number of participants, both campers and volunteers.
- All participants will be screened upon arrival at camp, including temperature checks. Anyone who has been unwell, or in a hotspot will be excluded.
- All participants' health will be monitored throughout camp.
- Strict plans in place should cold/ flu symptons be present, as per NSW schools. Parents will be notified of these plans ahead of camp.
- Sleeping and dining arrangements are adjusted to maintain appropriate social distancing between participants.
- Each Camp will have a dedicated COVID wardens overseeing cleaning and hygiene.
- No visitors will be allowed to enter camp sites.
- SUNSW will keep records for all participants to enable contract tracing in the event of a participant having a positive test within 14 days of camp.
- In the event of the camp needing to be cancelled due to COVID19 all participants will receive a full refund
Can I invite my friends?
Can you take care of my child’s special medical requirements?
How many leaders are on each camp?
Is financial assistance available?
Other discounts available.
To apply, just fill in a registration form for any SU Camp – on the second page, under 'Have you made, or do you wish to make, an application for financial support?,' select 'Yes' from the dropdown menu, fill in the 'Kids to Camp' application form and finish completing your registration form, and someone will be in touch with you shortly!