Junior Bike Camp
Dates for our 2021 Camp have not been confirmed, the advertised dates are incorrect. Please lodge an Expression of Interest and we will let you know when the dates are determined and when registrations will open.
SU Junior Bike Camp is a 4 day long adventure on a bike for young people in years 7 & 8 at school in New South Wales, Australia. (Are you too old for Junior Bike Camp? Check out Bike Camp for kids in years 9 to 12 at school) It's for guys and girls who like cycling, camping, and meeting others from around NSW. If you are looking for a school holiday cycling and camping activity, Junior Bike Camp could be the adventure for you! Junior Bike Camp is not a cycling race, it's just a good reason to dust off your mountain bike and have time away that you'll never forget, cycling, camping in country towns and making new friends. Starting in 2014 Junior Bike Camp was born out of Bike Camp which has been cycling the roads of New South Wales for over 30 years, covering some of the best bike rides in the state. Start location: Orange Finish location: Blayney If you like what you see click the orange "REGISTER" button to the right! If you have any questions, contact Pete (0438 841 523) or Jodie (0410 456 343) the camp's directors – email [email protected]
– – Full-funding available for all SU Camps in NSW for anyone in drought-affected, drought and intense drought areas. Apply and register online! Read more at: sunsw.org.au/kids-to-camp. – –
Start Date: 01 Oct 2021 10:30 AM
End Date: 02 Oct 2021 2:30 PM
Location: To Be Confirmed
Age Group: Year 7, Year 8
SHARE THIS EVENT
Best ten days of my year
“Ten days on a Scripture Union Family Mission with my family each summer are the best ten days of my year.”
Pete Oste | 0438 841 523 | [email protected]
Jodie Oste | 0410 456 343 | [email protected]
Pete and Jodie Oste
Pete and Jodie have been directing Bike Camp since 2010 and started Junior Bike Camp in 2014.
Jodie started out as a camper in Bike Camp back when bikes were made from steel and helmets were optional! She loved it so much she never left! Pete often jokes that he married into Bike Camp but has developed a real passion for camp and the kids that come each year.
Pete and Jodie live in Molong, in Central Western NSW, and are involved in various Children and Youth Ministries at Molong Baptist Church.
They have a deep love for Jesus, the great outdoors and seeing young lives changed by the saving grace of Jesus Christ.
1. COVID19 Safe Plan
- Reduced number of participants, both campers and volunteers.
- All participants will be screened upon arrival at camp, including temperature checks. Anyone who has been unwell, or in a hotspot will be excluded.
- All participants' health will be monitored throughout camp.
- Strict plans in place should cold/ flu symptons be present, as per NSW schools. Parents will be notified of these plans ahead of camp.
- Sleeping and dining arrangements are adjusted to maintain appropriate social distancing between participants.
- Each Camp will have a dedicated COVID wardens overseeing cleaning and hygiene.
- No visitors will be allowed to enter camp sites.
- SUNSW will keep records for all participants to enable contract tracing in the event of a participant having a positive test within 14 days of camp.
- In the event of the camp needing to be cancelled due to COVID19 all participants will receive a full refund
Bike Camp / Junior bike Camp – Do I need cycling nicks to ride in?
Bike Camp / Junior Bike Camp – Do I need to bring any tools for my bike?
Bike Camp / Junior Bike Camp – I do a lot of riding and other sports and am really fit. 10km per hour sounds too slow for me. Will I be bored?
Bike Camp / Junior Bike Camp – I don't have a bike but I still really want to come on camp. Can you help?
Bike Camp / Junior Bike Camp – I don't have a tent, is that OK?
Bike Camp / Junior Bike Camp – I live a long way from Sydney or Orange and a long way from the start of camp. Can I travel to Sydney or Orange the day before camp starts and be put up for the night?
Bike Camp / Junior Bike Camp – I live closer to the start of the ride than I do to Sydney or Orange. Can I get someone to drop me off at the start of the ride rather than travel all the way to Sydney or Orange?
Bike Camp / Junior Bike Camp – I would like to come on camp but I'll be on my own. Do I have to bring a friend?
Bike Camp / Junior Bike Camp – I'm thinking about coming on camp but I'm not sure if I can keep up as I don't ride my bike much. Will the pace be too fast for me?
Bike Camp / Junior Bike Camp – Just how churchy is this camp? Will we be talking about God and the Bible all day and all night?
Bike Camp / Junior Bike Camp – My parents want to visit me during the camp, is this okay?
Bike Camp / Junior Bike Camp – Not essential, but nice to have
- A torch and batteries
- Cycling gloves
- A puncture repair kit
- A lilo or roll mat
- A tent
- A little spending money - there is always plenty of food, but you may like to bring a few dollars for the odd icecream on the road
- Your bible
- A pen and a note book
- An instrument if you play one
Bike Camp / Junior Bike Camp – What is the best type of bike for camp?
Bike Camp / Junior Bike Camp – What NOT to bring
- Your best threads - don´t bring any clothes that you wouldn´t want to get dirty
- iPods, radios or electronic games
- Anything expensive or fragile eg expensive camera, mobile phone
Bike Camp / Junior Bike Camp – What should I bring?
- Your bike!
- A helmet (you are required by law to wear a helmet)
- A water bottle preferably fitted to your bike - 1 litre bottle is best
- Sunscreen, sunglasses and a cap
- Wet weather gear - something you can ride in
- Pillow and warm sleeping bag (extra blankets if you wish)
- Warm clothes for the evenings and to sleep in (it will be very cold at night)
- Lots of socks and underwear
- Clothes to ride in: shorts and T shirts (bright colours are good for visibility)
- A towel
- A spare inner tube that fits your tyres
- A back pack to use as a day pack (you won't have access to you main luggage during the day)