HSC Metro – Live @ the Warehouse
It is no surprise that 2020 has been a rough year for everyone, especially for those doing their HSC.
I, like many other secondary school teachers, have been placing the majority of my energy towards 2020 year 12s.
Now some may think, that is understandable, Year 11 ‘doesn’t count anyway’, however it does involve critical development of skills across all subjects that lay a solid foundation, so with the prompting of God, the support of SU NSW and other trained teachers, we have decided to do something creative about it and use this as an opportunity to serve young people in the city by providing the 2021 Year 12s a week to recalibrate and reengage.
We are excited to launch “‘HSC Metro – Live at the Warehouse’, a positive, creative, focussed environment where students have the opportunity to look ahead and look back, to fill in the gaps, so they can leap forward into the future. It is also a great opportunity to start the year fresh and think where they want to go in life. Who are they? What do they think about God? And what does he think about them?
Well that’s what’ll be happening at ‘HSC Metro – Live at the Warehouse’ in January.
If any of that resonates with you, we would love to see you there !!!
Alison Laird with Joeboy Vergara – Volunteer Directors
Start Date: 18 Jan 2021 9:00 AM
End Date: 22 Jan 2021 9:00 PM
Location: SU HQ
223 Victoria Rd
Rydalmere, NSW 2116
Age Group: Year 12
SHARE THIS EVENT
Best ten days of my year
“Ten days on a Scripture Union Family Mission with my family each summer are the best ten days of my year.”
Alison Laird & Joey Vergara
Alison is excited about how this camp is an opportunity for incoming Year 12s to catch their breath, focus and set themselves up well for their HSC year. Alison considers it a privilege to be able to help Year 12s get into the right 'headspace' for school and 'heartspace' with God. Alison was a team member and director of Windang SUFM across 2004-2011. After working in Sydney Schools Ministry with SU in 2007, Alison has been an English/EALD teacher in Sydney public schools since 2009, motivated to "Also, seek the peace and prosperity of the city to which I have carried you into exile. Pray to the LORD for it, because if it prospers, you too will prosper." HSC Metro - Bring it on!
Joeboy has the heart to help the HSC students to cope with their current workload as well as establish a good balance between in their life. He has previously held HSC Cram Sesh events from Punchbowl Baptist Church in 1998-1999, took up the call to pastor a church from 2004-2015 and is now a full time Science Teacher focusing on Chemistry. Joeboy is eager to impart life skills to participants and paraphrasing Joshua 1:9 “Boldy go, where no one has gone before”.
1. COVID19 Safe Plan
- Reduced number of participants, both campers and volunteers.
- All participants will be screened upon arrival at camp, including temperature checks. Anyone who has been unwell, or in a hotspot will be excluded.
- All participants' health will be monitored throughout camp.
- Strict plans in place should cold/ flu symptons be present, as per NSW schools. Parents will be notified of these plans ahead of camp.
- Sleeping and dining arrangements are adjusted to maintain appropriate social distancing between participants.
- Each Camp will have a dedicated COVID wardens overseeing cleaning and hygiene.
- No visitors will be allowed to enter camp sites.
- SUNSW will keep records for all participants to enable contract tracing in the event of a participant having a positive test within 14 days of camp.
- In the event of the camp needing to be cancelled due to COVID19 all participants will receive a full refund
Can I invite my friends?
HSC Metro - Is lunch included each day?
HSC Metro - What are the Friday 22nd January final night dinner plans?
HSC Metro - What are the start and finish times for each day
HSC Metro - What do you need to bring?
HSC Metro - What will an average day look like?
Is financial assistance available?
Other discounts available.
To apply, just fill in a registration form for any SU Camp – on the second page, under 'Have you made, or do you wish to make, an application for financial support?,' select 'Yes' from the dropdown menu, fill in the 'Kids to Camp' application form and finish completing your registration form, and someone will be in touch with you shortly!