HSC Lockdown Study Camp TAHLEE
HSC Lockdown Camp is an energetic and faith-based forum in which HSC students from all backgrounds can engage with credible and professionally trained tutors. Our mixture of current HSC teachers and previous high achieving students will provide guidance in learning effective study skills, exam preparation and syllabus-based content. The team's passion and excitement for Christ, combined with their teaching skills, will encourage and prepare HSC students in both their education and their walk with Jesus in the years ahead. Expect to be equipped, prepared and motivated while enjoying the beautiful and bushland scenery at Tahlee.
Up to 100% discount available for those in need! Apply and register online. Read more at: sunsw.org.au/kids-to-camp
Start Date: 20 Sep 2021 12:00 PM
End Date: 23 Sep 2021 12:00 PM
Location: YWAM Bible College
31 Church Street
Tahlee, NSW 2324
Age Group: Year 12
SHARE THIS EVENT
Best ten days of my year
“Ten days on a Scripture Union Family Mission with my family each summer are the best ten days of my year.”
Mark Battese - 0404 294 075
0) Is financial assistance available?
1) COVID19 Safe Plan
- Reduced number of participants, both campers and volunteers.
- All participants will be screened upon arrival at camp, including temperature checks. Anyone who has been unwell, or in a hotspot will be excluded.
- All participants' health will be monitored throughout camp.
- Strict plans in place should cold/ flu symptons be present, as per NSW schools. Parents will be notified of these plans ahead of camp.
- Sleeping and dining arrangements are adjusted to maintain appropriate social distancing between participants.
- Each Camp will have a dedicated COVID wardens overseeing cleaning and hygiene.
- No visitors will be allowed to enter camp sites.
- SUNSW will keep records for all participants to enable contract tracing in the event of a participant having a positive test within 14 days of camp.
- In the event of the camp needing to be cancelled due to COVID19 all participants will receive a full refund
2) HSC Lockdown - Why should I go to a SUNSW Study Camp?
- - Meet credible and professionally trained tutors and teachers with HSC experience!
- - Leaders are all Christians!
- - You need encouragement, motivation and wise advice on how to navigate the next 4 or 5 weeks!
- - Great way to meet other like-minded students/leaders who could become life-long friends!
- “Iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another” (Proverbs 27:17) We need each other!
3) HSC Lockdown - Who are the leaders and what can they offer me?
- - Experienced HSC teachers and credible, high-achieving past HSC students.
- - Support, guidance and academic/emotional/spiritual advice at a time you really need it!
- - All have current WWCC accreditation and are registered volunteers with Scripture Union.
- - Broad subject selection in Mathematics (Standard 2, Advanced and Extension 1), English/Essay Writing, Physics, Chemistry, Biology, Drama and Legal Studies.
- - Practical guidance in Study Skills and Essay Writing Techniques.
4) HSC Lockdown - How can I prepare to get the most out of this study camp?
- - Bring specific questions you need help with.
- - Have a positive attitude and belief that you will gain valuable information and help regardless of your results at school and level of application (or lack thereof!).
- - Bring along the EXCEL (or equivalent) HSC Past Papers (or equivalent) in your subject area as these will form part of the focus during tutorials. While not essential they are recommended.
5) HSC Lockdown - What does the Study Camp timetable look like?
- - There are 11 one hour tutorial sessions (4 per day Tuesday and Wednesday)
- - After each one hour tutorial, most, if not all, tutors will be available for another half hour to give further assistance in any subject area you need. If you would prefer some downtime/exercise/snooze during this time that’s totally fine too!
- - Sessions will start no earlier than 8:30am and finish each day no later than 6:30pm.
- - Evenings are allocated for dinner, testimonies from tutors, discussions, optional individual or group study time, games or just an early night if you prefer!
6) HSC Lockdown - Can I come for part of the camp or be a day visitor with optional meals?
- Yes! Details and hence reduced costs can be tailored to your individual needs by contacting the Camp Director Mark Battese: 0404 294 075