Fishing and Diving Camp
– – Full-funding available for all SU Camps in NSW for anyone in drought-affected, drought and intense drought areas, see: edis.dpi.nsw.gov.au. Apply and register online! Read more at: sunsw.org.au/kids-to-camp. – –
We invite you to come and explore the amazing underwater world on the Sapphire Coast with snorkeling and spear fishing activities. Maybe you would prefer to wet a line in the Bega River or the famous Tathra Wharf. Learn to catch beach worms and pump for nippers. Sleep under canvas and enjoy activities like bonfires, wide games, slip n’slide waterslide, cooking the catch and surfing the local beaches. FAD Camp offers a week full of fun, fish and adventure. You will also discover new things about Jesus, the fisher of men, as we look at God’s word each day.
Start Date: 01 Apr 2021 12:00 PM
End Date: 02 Apr 2021 12:00 PM
Location: Thompson's Corner,
Tathra, NSW 2550
Age Group: Year 7, Year 8, Year 9, Year 10, Year 11, Year 12
SHARE THIS EVENT
Best ten days of my year
“Ten days on a Scripture Union Family Mission with my family each summer are the best ten days of my year.”
Rod & Serena Wallace
Email: [email protected]
Phone: (02) 4885 1230 or 0411 659 271
1. COVID19 Safe Plan
- Reduced number of participants, both campers and volunteers.
- All participants will be screened upon arrival at camp, including temperature checks. Anyone who has been unwell, or in a hotspot will be excluded.
- All participants' health will be monitored throughout camp.
- Strict plans in place should cold/ flu symptons be present, as per NSW schools. Parents will be notified of these plans ahead of camp.
- Sleeping and dining arrangements are adjusted to maintain appropriate social distancing between participants.
- Each Camp will have a dedicated COVID wardens overseeing cleaning and hygiene.
- No visitors will be allowed to enter camp sites.
- SUNSW will keep records for all participants to enable contract tracing in the event of a participant having a positive test within 14 days of camp.
- In the event of the camp needing to be cancelled due to COVID19 all participants will receive a full refund
Can I invite my friends?
Can you take care of my child’s special medical requirements?
Do you cater for children with special dietary requirements?
How are medical incidents dealt with on camp?
How do I get to camp?
How many leaders are on each camp?
Is financial assistance available?
Other discounts available.
To apply, just fill in a registration form for any SU Camp – on the second page, under 'Have you made, or do you wish to make, an application for financial support?,' select 'Yes' from the dropdown menu, fill in the 'Kids to Camp' application form and finish completing your registration form, and someone will be in touch with you shortly!