Coast Camp Tathra
– – Full-funding available for all SU Camps in NSW for anyone in drought-affected, drought and intense drought areas, see: edis.dpi.nsw.gov.au. Apply and register online! Read more at: sunsw.org.au/kids-to-camp. – –
AN EXCITING NEW CAMP FOR GIRLS IN YEARS 7 – 12
Explore the amazing Sapphire Coast with us as we try out all things Coastal. You may like spend time on the Bega River in a canoe, kayak or stand-up paddle board, or quietly take in the amazing underwater life while snorkelling. Better yet, challenge yourself and learn to Surf!
Chill out each evening with new friends being creative, enjoying the campfire and camping under canvas!
Meet Jesus afresh as we check our His word each day!
Start Date: 01 Apr 2021 12:00 PM
End Date: 02 Apr 2021 12:00 PM
Location: Thompson's Corner,
Tathra, NSW 2550
Age Group: Year 7, Year 8, Year 9, Year 10, Year 11, Year 12
SHARE THIS EVENT
Best ten days of my year
“Ten days on a Scripture Union Family Mission with my family each summer are the best ten days of my year.”
Rhianon grew up in Western NSW on the Murrumbidgee River, loving all things water! This transferred to a passion for the coast after moving to Wollongong for University and spending a lot of time along the south coast discovering its hidden gems! Since then Rhianon has continued in her passion – teaching young people about Jesus and loving His creation – as a PDHPE teacher in local Christian Schools and leading Youth at her local church. Coast Camp is an extension of these passions and the opportunity to provide this type of experience for girls was one not to be missed!
For more information email [email protected]
1. COVID19 Safe Plan
- Reduced number of participants, both campers and volunteers.
- All participants will be screened upon arrival at camp, including temperature checks. Anyone who has been unwell, or in a hotspot will be excluded.
- All participants' health will be monitored throughout camp.
- Strict plans in place should cold/ flu symptons be present, as per NSW schools. Parents will be notified of these plans ahead of camp.
- Sleeping and dining arrangements are adjusted to maintain appropriate social distancing between participants.
- Each Camp will have a dedicated COVID wardens overseeing cleaning and hygiene.
- No visitors will be allowed to enter camp sites.
- SUNSW will keep records for all participants to enable contract tracing in the event of a participant having a positive test within 14 days of camp.
- In the event of the camp needing to be cancelled due to COVID19 all participants will receive a full refund
Can I invite my friends?
Can you take care of my child’s special medical requirements?
Do you cater for children with special dietary requirements?
How are medical incidents dealt with on camp?
How many leaders are on each camp?
Is financial assistance available?
Other discounts available.
To apply, just fill in a registration form for any SU Camp – on the second page, under 'Have you made, or do you wish to make, an application for financial support?,' select 'Yes' from the dropdown menu, fill in the 'Kids to Camp' application form and finish completing your registration form, and someone will be in touch with you shortly!