Chaffey Dam Water Sports Camp
– – Full-funding available for all SU Camps in NSW for anyone in drought-affected, drought and intense drought areas. Apply and register online! Read more at: sunsw.org.au/kids-to-camp. – –
This camp is for those who like the outdoors. There will be loads of opportunities to sail a catamaran, cruise on a canoe or ride on a sailboard. There will also be skiing, knee boarding, ski biscuits and wake boarding! If you get tired of the water or have a little too much sun, there will be loads of other things to do such as table tennis, volley ball, cricket, air hockey, football, or just chilling with friends. Apart from all that activity we will be spending time each day getting into God's word. There will also be a band and live music every day.
Start Date: 11 Jan 2021 2:00 PM
End Date: 16 Jan 2021 10:00 AM
Location: Nundle Road
BOWLING ALLEY POINT, NSW 2340
Age Group: Year 7, Year 8, Year 9, Year 10, Year 11, Year 12
SHARE THIS EVENT
Best ten days of my year
“Ten days on a Scripture Union Family Mission with my family each summer are the best ten days of my year.”
Email: [email protected]
Phone: 0432 577 170
Can I be in a room or tent with my friends?
Can I book my child onto a Camp if they are not in one of the advertised school years for camp?
Can I invite my friends?
Can you take care of my child’s special medical requirements?
Chaffey Dam - Are there any discounts available?
Chaffey Dam - Is there enough water in the Dam?
Chaffey Dam - What time should I arrive at camp and be picked up?
Chaffey Dam - What to bring?
What to Bring
• Tent is a must
• Sleeping bag and at least one blanket
• Airbed, foam mattress or similar
• Plate, Bowl, plastic cup, knife, fork, spoon, and a tea towel. Mug for hot drinks if required. (And a bag to keep this in)
For the water
It was decided in past years that we would like campers to dress reasonably modestly in consideration for each other, so please do not bring clothes that you would consider too revealing. Also for many reasons it is essential to bring a swimming shirt to wear.
• Swimming gear (including your swim shirt!), HAT, SUNSCREEN (sunscreen is always available and with 100 odd people applying it it’s hard to forget. But if you don’t do it you’ll fry!)
• Walking shoes and thongs (water shoes or light sneakers are good for in the water as the bottom of the dam is dodgy)
• Bring some old clothes, you might want to look nice in the evenings but remember the dam’s muddy so be practical.
• Bath & beach towels
• A DRINK BOTTLE
The normal stuff
• Casual clothes
• Long pants & a jumper (surprisingly it can get cold!!)
• Bible and a pen
• Sometimes it rains… if you don’t want to be wet, you may want a rain coat.
**PLEASE LABEL ABSOLUTELY EVERYTHING !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
All campers will sleep in tents, with the girls and boys in separate areas. It is important that all campers stay with the group unless permission is given by the leaders for some exceptional circumstance. Campers must follow the simple rules of the camp & be courteous and kind to all others at all times. Campers who are uncooperative may be sent home. It is our desire that all campers enjoy themselves and the company of each other.
Parents please try & ensure your child has ALL their belongings when they leave.