Board Games Camp
Do you love board games, card games, dexterity games or social deduction games? Have you ever wished you could spend four days straight playing them with people who love them just as much as you do? Well so do we!
Along with tons of gaming, we will eat great food, spend time learning more about Jesus, and maybe even occasionally go outside (crazy right?!).
Board Game Camp aims to be a place young people can share their love for gaming and strengthen their relationships with God and each other!
Start Date: 07 Jul 2021 10:00 AM
End Date: 10 Jul 2021 3:00 PM
Location: Wycliffe Christian School
WARRIMOO, NSW 2774
Age Group: Year 7, Year 8, Year 9, Year 10, Year 11, Year 12
SHARE THIS EVENT
Best ten days of my year
“Ten days on a Scripture Union Family Mission with my family each summer are the best ten days of my year.”
Email: [email protected]
I'm a high school math teacher, husband and father of 2 boys. I grew up in a christian family and remember "asking Jesus to live in my heart" during scripture in year 2. Since then I've led kids clubs, youth groups and bible studies, been on many SUFM's as well as tons of other camps for primary and high school kids. I love sharing what I believe with young people. I grew up playing all the usual board games, but kept finding strange but amazing games, until falling fully into "hobby board games" in 2006. I now have a collection of over 150 games. I love to share my passion for gaming with my family, friends, students, colleagues, people at church and pretty much any one I meet!
I am currently studying teaching while working as a teachers aide. I am a married man and I was raised in a Christian home but didn’t make a commitment for myself to follow Jesus until I was roughly 15 years of age. Over the years I’ve been largely involved in youth groups and kids church and have loved every minute of it. I’ve been on various camps and have even run games for a few. Youth is my passion and wish to continue working with them for quite a long time. My family has always been big on board games and playing them together all the time. As time went on I bought newer and different board games and now I can’t stop. I want to share my love of Jesus and board games with everyone that I can!
I have the great privilege of getting to work for Scripture Union NSW as an Intern Projects Assistant currently! I grew up in a Christian family and officially trusted God as my Savior when I was baptized in high school. I have always had a passion for teaching and encouraging those around me as opportunities for ministry have arisen, and during my weekly young adults Bible Study. I greatly enjoy participating as a leader on SUFM at Kioloa each year and on other Scripture Union Camps during the year. I think it’s safe to say I’ve past the point of no return with board games, I just love them too much. This camp is the perfect place for me to serve God and encourage young people while also enjoying one of my favourite pastimes!
1. COVID19 Safe Plan
- Reduced number of participants, both campers and volunteers.
- All participants will be screened upon arrival at camp, including temperature checks. Anyone who has been unwell, or in a hotspot will be excluded.
- All participants' health will be monitored throughout camp.
- Strict plans in place should cold/ flu symptons be present, as per NSW schools. Parents will be notified of these plans ahead of camp.
- Sleeping and dining arrangements are adjusted to maintain appropriate social distancing between participants.
- Each Camp will have a dedicated COVID wardens overseeing cleaning and hygiene.
- No visitors will be allowed to enter camp sites.
- SUNSW will keep records for all participants to enable contract tracing in the event of a participant having a positive test within 14 days of camp.
- In the event of the camp needing to be cancelled due to COVID19 all participants will receive a full refund